The 1.1 release of gpgdir is ready for download. This is a major release with new functionality such as the ability to drive the wipe program to securely delete original files after successful encryption. Here is the ChangeLog:
- Added the ability to securely delete the original versions of files with the 'wipe' program (after they have been successfully encrypted). Also added --wipe-path to specify a path to the wipe binary (the default is /usr/bin/wipe), --wipe-interactive to force the wipe program to prompt the user before a file is deleted, and --wipe-cmdline to allow the user to build a set of command line arguments that are passed to the wipe program.
- Added --Force to have gpgdir skip over the error condition where a file cannot be deleted (because of a permissions issue for example).
- Added --Trial-run to allow the user to see what actions gpgdir would take to encrypt or decrypt files, but no files are actually modified.
- Added --Interactive to have gpgdir prompt the user before every file is encrypted, decrypted.
- Added the gpgdir.SlackBuild script (contributed by pyllyukko originally for the psad project) for building gpgdir on Slackware systems.